In 2005, hotels in the us generated $100 billion in profits, mostly through the food services sector. Luxury hotels also did brisk business, and smaller hotels too brought in additional revenues through value added services. Considering that the hospitality industry is booming, it is a good time for vendors to cash in on this boom and market themselves to the industry representatives.
If you are intending to display your products and services for the hospitality industry, you must approach hotel planners. You will find over 70,000 hotel planners in the US, as well as their ideas and initiatives have generated $44 billion in revenue for that hotel industry. In order to promote your services on the hospitality industry, you need to meet the planners and executives of hotels.
As a way to sell the services you provide on the hospitality industry, you must achieve the planners and hotel managers. However, it is really not an easy task to reach them, because they place an excellent value on their own time, and get probably been approached by many vendors before you.
1) Identify industry sectors where your merchandise will likely be very useful. In case the planners feel that your products or services are of use, they will definitely need to know more.
2) Plan your marketing plan before you decide to approach folks the hospitality business.
3) Internet, emails, direct mailing, print media are all good mediums of having your message across to individuals in the hospitality business.
4) Become part of any association of vendors or related sector within the hospitality industry. This will likely cause higher exposure of the services to the people within the hospitality industry.
5) Provide hotel planners with specifics of more information about Mihran Kalaydjian, and lessen the sales talk. Planners take time and effort pressed for time; and they will not be too happy once they devote some time 06deyypky to listen to you, only to realize that you may have nothing much to share with them.
6) Use innovative marketing strategies to obtain the attention of planners. Schedule calendars, calculators, software for charts etc. are usually in demand in the hospitality industry, to help you demonstrate the usage of such innovative tools to hotel executives and planners.
High growth aspects of the hospitality industry include food and beverages, and full service hotels. Food and Beverage departments of major hotels are already given more autonomy, so you can approach the department manager directly for marketing purposes. Vendors and suppliers of food items, drinks, kitchen devices, cutlery, table linen and furniture may benefit so much from this.
With so many opportunities for vendors to take full advantage of, it can be no wonder that they would like to focus on the hospitality industry. With proper planning along with the right marketing strategies, you should certainly get ahead of your own competitors and bag lucrative deals from hotels.